Wednesday, July 22, 2009

One day left... Ready?

It's funny how I haven't been on exchange yet and it's already changing me.

Like how for the past 3 months all I've felt is how ready I am for it and now with one day to go I realize just how not ready I might be. Don't get me wrong, it's nothing big, but it's in the sense once I get there I'm on my own. Yes I'll have a host family, but it won't be my parents who have always supported me and been there. But I am ready, just the thought of being in a foreign country by myself (kinda) for five months has started to freak me out a little. Just a little! :)

This past Friday I flew home from Dallas. Now THAT was an ordeal. I left at 7 am and got home at 9 pm. Yeahhh. But it made me realize just how much I've grown up. I was by myself, trying to get on planes, get connections, all that shinanagins. And I didn't freak, break down, or anything. I sucked it up and did what I had to do to get home. I only broke down crying when I actually got home but that's another story.

So what am I trying to say here?

One day to go. I leave Thursday morning. July 23rd 2009. Return January 9th 2010.

And yes, I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment